Privacy Notice and Cookies
This Privacy Notice sets out how we will process your personal information including how we collect, use, disclose, retain and protect it. This privacy notice applies to this website, and to any application or service which we provide. Where you provide us with personal information in any of the ways described below, you agree that we may collect, store and use it:
- in order to perform our contractual obligations to you
- based on our legitimate interests for processing e.g. internal administration, data analytics, direct marketing
- based on your consent, which you may withdraw at any time as described below
Who we are
Corbett Engineering Limited (CELCAT) is a company incorporated in England and Wales with company registration number 01448722. We are defined as a data controller under the Data Protection Act 2018. We are registered with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) under Z1697406.
How we collect information
We collect information about you when you:
- place an order for applications or services. This may include your name, institution name, address, email address and telephone number. We may also ask you to provide additional information about your institution and preferences
- complete online forms, post on our customer forums, enter any competitions, download information, or participate in any interactive areas that appear on our website or in our applications
- interact with us using social media
- contact us by telephone, email, or in a face-to-face meeting
The information we collect
We process personal data including but not limited to:
- Name, address and contact details
- Correspondence with you, such as any information that you have provided
- Information regarding living individuals (e.g. customers / suppliers, staff)
- Data provided to populate timetables and electronic registers
- Lifestyle and social circumstances
- Employment and education details
- Financial details
We process sensitive data such as:
- Physical or mental health details
- Racial or ethnic origin
- Religious or other beliefs
How we use information
To the extent permissible under applicable law, in particular the Data Protection Act 2018 (GDPR), we use your information to:
- Provide any applications or services that you have ordered
- Provide any information about our applications and services that you have requested
- Maintain, protect and improve any applications or services you have ordered or requested
- Manage our relationship with you
- Monitor, measure and improve our website content
- Deliver marketing or other information which may be useful to you, based on your use of our website, applications and services
- Meet our legal obligations
Our website and applications may contain technology that enables us to:
- Check specific information from your device or systems directly relevant to your use of the website and applications against our records to make sure they are being used in accordance with our end-user licence agreements
- Collect information about how you use the functions of our website and applications
- Obtain information relating to any technical errors or other issues with our website and applications
You can manage your privacy settings within your browser or our applications.
How we share your personal information
We may share your information with:
- Our partners and agents to enable them to provide our applications and services to you, particularly if they are located geographically closer to you than our UK office
- Third parties used to facilitate payment transactions, such as payment processing providers or financial institutions
- Our service providers, such as internet service and platform providers, and organisations we engage to help us send communications to you to provide information you have requested or which we believe is of interest to you
- Credit reference and fraud prevention agencies
- Law enforcement agencies so that they may detect or prevent crime
- Our own professional advisors and auditors
- Another organisation if we buy or sell any business or assets
From time to time, we may use your information to contact you with details about our applications or services which we feel may be of interest to you. We may contact you for this purpose by telephone, email or post.
You have the right, at any time, to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes. You can do this by:
- selecting your contact preferences at the point where you provide us with your information on our website
- sending an email request to email@example.com
- clicking the unsubscribe link on emails we may send from time to time
Keeping your information secure
We store personal information both electronically and in paper form. We implement security policies, organisational measures and technical security solutions to protect the personal information we hold from:
- Unauthorised access
- Improper use or disclosure
- Unauthorised modification
- Unlawful destruction or accidental loss
All of our employees, contractors, partners and third parties that we engage to process data on our or your behalf are obliged to treat the data confidentially. We hold and process personal data inside and outside the EEA and in doing so we will ensure proper safeguards are in place.
Transfers outside of the European Economic Area
Personal information in the European Union (EU) is protected by data protection laws, but other countries do not necessarily protect your personal information in the same way. European data protection laws apply to all countries within the European Economic Area (EEA), which means all the countries that are part of the EU plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein.
We may transfer your information to service providers outside of the EEA for the purpose of providing certain services to you:
- Our payment processing provider is Paypal. If you make payments to us by credit card, Paypal may transfer your information outside of the EEA in order to provide the payment processing service. They will only transfer your information in accordance with EU data protection laws (see section 7 of the Paypal Privacy Notice https://www.paypal.com/en/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full)
- We may use other service or platform providers based outside of the EEA and this means we may transfer your information outside of the EEA for the purpose of providing our services, applications and advertising to you.
- Our partners may be based in Australia, South Africa or otherwise outside of the EEA. If our partner is geographically closer to you than our UK office, we may transfer your information to them in order for them to provide applications and services to you on our behalf.
We take steps to ensure that where your information is transferred outside of the EEA, appropriate measures and controls are in place to protect that information in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
If you follow a link from our website or application to another site or service, this Privacy Notice will no longer apply. We are not responsible for the information handling practices of third party sites or services and we encourage you to read the privacy notices appearing on those sites or services.
Our website may enable you to share information with social media sites. Those social media sites may automatically provide us with access to certain personal information retained by them about you (for example any content you have viewed). You should manage your privacy settings from within your own social media account to control what information you enable us to access from that account.
If you are based within the EEA, in certain circumstances, you have the following rights as regards the personal information we process about you:
- The right to be told how we use your information
- The right to have your information rectified or erased, or to restrict how we process your information
- The right to object to the processing of your information
- The right to have access to your information
- The right to have any information your provided to us returned to you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format
- The right to withdraw your consent if we are processing your information based on your consent
- The right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office if you are unhappy with the way we process your information
If you wish to request a copy of your information, please send your request in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
If any of your information is incorrect or out of date, please let us know so that we can update our records.
We will retain your personal information for the duration of our business relationship, and afterwards for up to 2 years or as long as it is necessary for our legitimate business purposes. Where we no longer need your personal information, we will dispose of it in a secure manner.
Changes to the privacy notice
We keep our Privacy Notice under regular review and will post any updates on our website. You can see the date we last updated the Privacy Notice at the foot of this page.
Cookies and analytics
We use Google Analytics features for Display Advertising. You can opt-out of Google Analytics and disable tracking using the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-on. The data provided by Google Analytics Demographics we will use to develop our website and content in line with our users interests.
These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. The information is only used to improve the responsiveness of our website when you visit.
By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device. For more information about cookies please read our cookies policy https://www.celcat.com/terms-and-conditions/cookie-policy/
Customer Experience Improvement Programme (CEIP)
The CELCAT Customer Experience Improvement Programme (CEIP) is a voluntary programme that collects data that we use to help us improve our applications. When you use a CELCAT application, we collect basic anonymous data on how your institution uses our applications. No personal data is collected. Institutions can withdraw from the programme at any time.
For more information about CEIP please read our CEIP Privacy Statement http://ceip.celcat.com QUESTIONS AND FURTHER INFORMATION If you have any questions about how we process your information, this Privacy Notice, how to update your records or to request a copy of your information please contact us:
Post: Data Protection Team, CELCAT, 21-23 Mercia Business Village, Torwood Close, Westwood Business Park, Coventry, CV4 8HX