How To Delete your Cookies
This article explains how to delete cookies using different browsers.
Cookies are small files stored by websites on your computer to make browsing a better experience. Some cookies can be used to track which websites you visit and advertise products to you. You can stop these from being saved.
How you actually delete cookies is based on the browser you are using, not the type of computer, e.g. Firefox, Chrome, and Internet Explorer, Safari etc.
Each browser stores the cookies in a different location, so if you use more than one type of browser then you need to delete cookies on all of them.
Deleting Cookies in Firefox
To delete cookies in Firefox, follow these steps:
- From the Firefox menu, select Options.
- Select Privacy.
- Select clear your recent history.
- Select the options you require and then confirm.
Note: You can also remove individual cookies.
Deleting Cookies in Chrome
To delete cookies in Chrome, follow these steps:
- Click the Menu button and select Settings.
- Expand + Show advanced settings.
- Find the Privacy section and choose Clear browsing data.
- From the list, select the types of cookies you wish to delete and then click the Clear browsing data button.
Deleting Cookies in Internet Explorer
Most versions of Internet Explorer allow you to delete cookies by follow these steps:
- Click the Tools (cog) button and select Safety from the drop-down list.
- Select Delete browsing history.
- Select the Cookies and website data check box and click the Delete button.
Deleting Cookies in Safari
To delete cookie settings in Safari 5.1 and later, following these steps:
- From the Safari menu, select Preferences.
- Choose Privacy.
- Select Remove all website data to remove all cookies. You will need to select Remove now to confirm this.
- Then click Exit.