|Job Role:||Systems Administrator (Reporting to Information Systems Manager)
|Salary:||£Negotiable according to experience|
|Hours of Work:||37.5 hours per week (Mon-Fri) with some out-of-hours work when required|
|Benefits:||Annual bonus, gym membership and flexible working hours|
CELCAT is a world leader in software for universities and colleges, and the developer of the popular CELCAT Timetabler product that is used by hundreds of institutions in more than thirty countries.
The Company has its UK offices in Coventry and a number of overseas agents and distributors. CELCAT was established in 1979. With a quarter century of academic affiliation, the foundations for state-of-the-art education software have been well laid. CELCAT Timetabler has been marketed since 1989, and we're confident that our tried-and-trusted reputation will ensure its continued success - a testimony to the enduring achievements of our benchmark products!
Working as a member of the IT Department, you will be responsible for supporting the internal IT infrastructure as well as supporting and maintaining the CELCAT hosted infrastructure.
- Gaining and maintaining a good working knowledge of CELCAT software products.
- Dealing with customer technical queries to assist the CELCAT Technical Support team.
- Collaborating with other members of the various teams at CELCAT.
- Monitoring internal and external infrastructure to ensure a high level of service at all times.
- Organising your own time and work to achieve a mandated service level.
Skills (in order of importance)
- Strong background with core network, compute and storage technologies in large-scale deployments.
- Experience with Microsoft Hyper-V Virtualisation including failover clusters.
- Installation and configuration of Windows Operating Systems (Windows 10, Server Operating Systems).
- Knowledge in IaaS and PaaS systems architecture, service-based architecture and enterprise application architecture.
- Thorough grasp of the Windows operating system and common office software systems.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of basic PC hardware.
- Good written skills and an excellent phone manner.
- Microsoft SQL Server, including database server scripting in Microsoft TransactSQL.
- Microsoft Internet Information Services.
- Relational database design (logical design of data structures and relationships).
- Certifications from major vendors such as Microsoft, VMware and Cisco.
- Two years of relevant experience in professional services operations.
If you are interested, please contact Mr Chris Loxley-Watkins, Tel: 024 7646 9930, Email: email@example.com